ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing bump strips

BMW E46 330i Touring
Before I rip off the side bump strips and replace with my sprayed ones... what's the best way to remove them? Do they unclip or have I got to slide them in a particular direction!?! :S

Civic Type-R
They both slide out. The door ones slide towards the back of the car and the smaller ones slide towards the front of the car. The small ones should slide off easy enough some times a bit of force is needed. For the door ones open the door and there is a small rubber circle behind the strip take this off and use a screwdriver or something to prise the end clip off while you slide it. Hope this helps :)

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers mate. This small rubber circle behind the strip, can you see it when you look down the 'inside' of the strip between the strip and door?

Civic Type-R
If you open the door, on the inside of the door is the rubber circle. just underneath the door lock. Its actually on the inside of the door not between the strip and the door.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Ah, I get you. So the rubber circle hides the clip from the inside of the car... sorted, will do tomorrow. :)

ignore the rubber circle thingamy bob....

the strips just slide off:

Fronts slide back
Rears slide forward.