ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Bumpstrips ???

BMW M135i
I've had a spare set of bumpstrips colour-coded and i've recieved them back today, I tried to fit them earlier but ran into a bit of trouble getting the old ones off.

What have people used to get them off ?, my hands weren't good enough and I don't want to use anything to lever them off that might damage the paint.
I've got to get the side strips and the front and rear bumper ones off.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i got some material and slid it under the far end then pulled it tight and used it as a lever

Clio 1.2 mk2
i got my side bits off by opening the door, then for the back half got a good grip on the outside of the plastic with my palms and pushed it forward and it seemed to pop out. For the front half i was an idiot and used a flat headed screwdriver (dont do it!!!). pushed it between the metal of the door and the plastic strip and prized it towards the back of the car until it poped off. In doing so i chiped my paintwork slightly (not noticeable, but still!) so see if there is somthing which is a bit softer that wont do damage. Im sure there is an easier way to do it but thats just how i got em off.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Yep, open doors and slide towards the openings. They are like any other part...pull hard enough and they will come off!

BMW M135i
Right, i've got the side strips off the fabric trick worked really well, just got a bit of rag behind it and pulled and off it popped.

The problem i've got now is that I can't get the rear bumper section off, I can get it to the point of the big tab/clip thing being half out but the inside flange is catching on the bumper and I can't get it to come off any further i've tried for a good 30mins and it won't budge. Anyone got any ideas or tips ?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
sorry im no help on this one mate, just wondering how much you paid to get them colour coded?

(free bump)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
lol i had this problem. Look inside the door, there is a plastic plug, if u take the plug out u can get inside the door or rear quarter and push the little plastic clip up so that the moulding can slide off.

BMW M135i
russ9898 said:
sorry im no help on this one mate, just wondering how much you paid to get them colour coded?

(free bump)
If I had used the ones on my car it would have been £120~, but I had got hold of a spare set which some tool had tried to paint them bodge style so it ended up costing me £200 because of the extra prep work involved. Could have used the ones on my car but I didn't want to drive around without any bumpstrips while they were being painted.
They've been done by someone in peterbourgh that a few people off here have used, you just email her for a quote then post the parts off and they come back sprayed in whatever colour you want.
The quality is very good and the service is top notch too, the two rear bumpstrips have small scratches in them and one email later I can send them back to be resprayed.

BMW M135i
Got them off in the end, wasn't actually that hard it just takes a LOT of brute force and ignorance but they come off in the end.
Its pretty simple just used harry_manback's guide to see where the clips where and wahey off they came in the end.

Looks SO much better colour coded.