ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Calipers for Painting....

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Hi there

A couple of months ago i painted my brake calipers but it was quite a quick job and doesnt look perfect really.
So i wanted to re-do it and wondered how can i take the caliper off to do this and make a good job of it?
I believe i only need to take the carrier off so i wont need to do anything complicated... i think.
I just dont know how to do this

Anyone help me?

Thanks
Nick

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
May I suggest what I did. I unbolted the caliper and removed the pads and disc. Then bolted the caliper back on with the top bolt only and pulle it forward from the hub and nipped it up. Firstly I cleaned it with an aerosol brake cleaner, £3.50 from Bouyes. Then 2 good coats of Halfords caliper paint, job done. Ideal job to do when you are changing brake pads.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
sounds quite good.
Well in the next week or so i will be changing my alloys and fitting a coilover kit so i will prob do it at the same time.

Could you explain in a bit more detail what you did?

thanks
Nick