ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing center silencer

So my issue... The exhaust has been in blowing on my 182 the center silencer is rusted and leaking..., I either buy a new system (good group buy ATM, but really can't afford it) or my local garage has recommended for a mere £50-60 they will remove the silencer, fabricate a new section and replace.

to me it's a no brainer and then buy a ss system when I'm richer :S

I am a little worried about if it would be too noisy or mess up the power, I have noticed it sluggish since it's been blowing and hitting the limiter really early...

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
it'll be fine
if you find its hitting the limiter early is probably because the car is cold.

when cold they limiter is reduced to reduce the damage done to the engine!

Ph1
Its going to be noisier if you remove a silencer but how much by and how much you could tolerate no idea.

If you can't afford a full SS I would buy a universal silencer from ebay. Can be had cheap and just get the garage to weld it in.

Yeah blowing exhausts lose you power and drop the mpg

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
I had mine removed the other day and debated long and hard as to go without a silencer but in the end went with one, sounds normal now although I guess if I went without one I'm sure it would have been quieter than when it was blowing... that was seriously loud!