ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing door handles

i was just wondering how do you remove door handles on a MK 1 clio? wanna colour code my bump strips and handle and have worked out how the bump strips come off but am yet to work out how the handles come off..... also anyone got a pics of DIY spray jobs.... thanks

Clio 182 (05)

Ive been thinking the same thing for the last two week! I keep looking at the handles, too cautious to just start taking things apart yet too proud to refer to the Haynes Book of Lies!

One spanner job my arse...

take the inside of the ddor off and youll be able to see everything. its fairly straight forward from there. makes it easier too.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

interior door panel off and then the handles held in by two 10m nuts.you will also need to disconnect the metal rod going to the handle.

has anyone actually disconnected the metal rod and would be able to tell me how to do it, im trying to do it at the moment and cant work it out. the clio modifying book tells you but it makes no sense what so ever.

Yeah i did it, due to the position of the handle, its easier to take the metal rod off the lock mechanism first then then from the handle, do one side at a time, i had to refer back to the other side when i came to put it back in

from memory you pull it towards you. i was worried about breaking the clip that holds it in but again from what i can remember its a metal clip and should not break.think i used pliars as the clip holds it in quite tight

lol ok. cheers, nothing is ever simple. im putting my new mattig dtm mirrors on today and found that the screws they supplied where too short, 2 trips to b&q later and theyre on, just gotta put my handles on now!