ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing front seats in ’03 clio

Im lookin to remove the front seats of my 03 1.4 16v dynamic so I can run power and signal cables down the car ready for when I add my amps....does anyone know how u remove them...Im told you have to remove them from underneath the car but Im not sure if this is true! also if u do have to remove them for under the car what tools do u need exactly

thanks

dont need to remove them mate, i fitetd my amp at the weekend, you can get the cables up both sides and tuck them under the plastic at the sides, there are some bits that can be quite tricky...buts its very do-able

thanks guys but I wana do it the propper way and remove the seats and run the signal cables down the centre of the car....the system Im plannin involves all the speakers being run off extra amps with the headunit running nothing so theres gonna b too many wires to sqeesh under the trims...

speaking of which do the trims just pull off or are there screws? is the carpet stuck or stapled down?

TO REMOVE THE SEATS U NEED TO JACK THE CAR UP ON THE SIDE U WANT TO TAKE OUT AND TAKE OUT THE 2 GROMITS IN THE FLOOR PAN UNDER THE SEAT NEAREST TO THE SILL THE OTHER 2 ARE NEAR THE EXHAUST HEAT SHILD. IF YOUR SEATS HAVE AIRBAGS MAKE SURE U DISCONET THE BATTERY 15 MINS BEFORE U DISCONET THE SEATS.

thanks 2 hotty....so I reckon I can get that far....its not a problem....from there on though....what else do I have to remove to b able to fold the capet up so I can tape the cables to the floor roughly down the centre of the car

under the seats the front carpet joins the rear u should be able 2 lift the carpet up enough 2 feed the cables though your best bet is to sandwich the cables beteen the carpet and the foam sound deading to stop interferance