ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Gear Knob

I got a new Richbrook uni-hex gear knob and want to fit it on my Clio Sport 1.6 16v. However, I can not seem to pull my current gear knob off. How exactly do I get it off.

Thanks

Renaultsport Clio 197

I had the same problem i just took mine back to my renault dealer and they got a set of mole grips and took it off with no problem

im pretty sure they are the same fit as most other ones, ie, compression fit, haynes manuals tell you to put the gear knob in a bowl of boiling water which loosens the knob........ but how do you do that when its attached?!?
All i do is heat the knob up slightly and give it a bloody good pull!!!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I dont know about the newer models but definately on mine you have to cut it off with a knife. Even after that youve then got to get this stupid plastic thing off that goes over the top of the gear stick. I had to use a hacksaw on that!

Rick

Taffy the hayens manuals had a miss print they missed out the text that tells u to tun the car upside down !!!

mine was easy gave it a good twist and tug at the same time if that dont work use a hair dryer then twist and tug and after some twisting and tuging and warming it up u will have it off

I have a 99 clio grande, and put a new gearknob on it. I asked in renault, and basically (this is the way i done it) you have to take a hack saw to the gearknob, cut right down the middle untill u hit metal, then it should all come away leaving you with the metal stick to put your new knob on!
Taking a hacksaw to my beloved clio was daunting though.....

Audi S3

I wonder if anyone knows a way round this!
With the 16v clio being a lift reverse the choise of replacement gear knobs is rather limited to say the least, well the knob i like isnt a lift reverse compatible one, any ideas people??

Matt

Williams 2, STi N12

Either fabricate your own linkage system to make it compatable, or remove it all together but just be careful when selecting 1st gear!!