ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing gear knobs, 16v/willy

I have just succesfully completed this task and have found that you will need the following equipment.

1) Sharp Knife

2) Sturdy pair of garden seccoteurs

3) Some semtex

It took me approximately 30 mins to get the old one off using a combination of hacking it to bits with the sharp knife and then slicing it with the seccoteurs... by the time you have finished the old one will be it about 10 thousand bits and you will feel like you have been in a fight.

Enjoy.

Williams 2, STi N12

Yep, found exactly the same...3 days to get it off yet only 2 seconds to put new one on.

Friggin French eh? Didnt smell no onions though.

Took me about half an hour with a saw to get the plastic bit off!

& 10 seconds to put the new gear knob on!

Toureg vW Transporte

mine pulled off, think its down to the glue, sound like u guys got superglue and me and adi got pritt stick.. lol

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Pulled mine off with mole grips which just left the plastic bit on the shaft and that didnt take long either. Then nice momo fits on and allen key tightens it.

pulled the top off easy. left the moulded plastic bit. cut it straight up, top to bottom with a stanley knife. popped it off. easy