ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing glow plugs in Clio DCi - what tool?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Does anyone know what tool I can use to remove the glow plugs from a 2004 Clio DCi?

I've tried long reach sockets and none seem to fit in the gap renault leave to get them out. Is there a special tool I need? If so, where can I get one from?

Any help appreciated.

RS Clio 200
10mm deep quarter drive socket should do it bud but I use snap on stuff which may be thinner than you have tried?...

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Maybe snap-on is smaller. Do I have to remove anything other than the wire from the top of the glow plug? Is there a rail I need to remove as well?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
should fire out with a 10mm quarter drive socket, think myne are draper. I tend to get the engine red hot now before removal as ive snapped one in the head on a kangoo 1.5 dci before

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S
Halfords had nothing that fitted in the gap, anyone got any ideas where I can get a long 10mm socket from that fits? Might try and find a snap-on one if i can find one.

Toyota Prius
I think you need to try if things will really work out well on that one. In this way, you would be able to really get things work out and it will affect the removal of a Glow Plug in your car. Search in for more sources on what kind of tool to use on that one. Hope all is well by now.