ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing glue off window

i have removed an external decal from my window and its now scratched :( but It looks like ive got glue left behind from it and i can see it when the car mists up. How the hell do you get this crap off? Ive tried fairy liquid, turtlewax window polish, car window spray sh*t, using a hair dryer and even white spirt but it wont budge! Any suggestions?

also looking to put a renault badge on the boot lid..maybe to stick on. what stuff can i use that wont rip the paint off?

The Jinx

A "handy plastic tool" as it was described on the Solvite Border Adhesive carton.

Basically a small plastic, flexible scraper, and a bit of patience, should get most of it off.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Razor blade held flat against the window and some celluose thinners!

Be careful of the rubbers around the windows, dont catch them withthe blade!

Also the thinners is nasty stuff dont get on any part of the car other then glass!

This works as i had to remove my tints from the front windows what a Bar-s-sard that was!

996 Carrera

try eucalyptus oil.

The local dealers kindly left some rubber glue trails all over my car a few months after they had it for a day.

After trying a bit of elbow grease and soap and water for an hour, i tried some eucalyptus oil i remembered buying when trying to get rid of brake/tyre gunk from the wifes car. 5 mins later and the glue was gone (and left a nice smell as well).

Try getting some industrial stength wipes - ur local garage might let u have one for nout.

I had spray paint on my front window and nothing would shift it (even a little dab of white spirit). My Uncle works for Wurth and he gave me one of their industrial wipes, it came of straight away - quality stuff!!

C4 Grand Picasso

I used WD-40 and a soft rag to get sticky glue (off sellotape) off my bonnet, worked a treat.