ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing handbrake handle

Done a quick search and cant find many refs to this for some reason. How do I take my handbrake handle off - do I have to cut it (as one post suggested)? Need to get my nice new Momo one on asap. Cheers

Pug 306 GTi-6

yea slice down the top with a stanley and then fold it over, be careful of the button tho incase it falls down into the unit. mine did that and it took fookin ages to get the spring to go back in place and work.

hate to dig this up from the past but if the spring does come out how do you put it all back together and do renault actually list the spring as i cant seem to find it.

BMW 320d Sport

If the spring comes out it can be put in, but if you lose it, its time for a new hand brake. Just dont lose the spring and dont let it come off! Best way is when you remove the old handbrake cover, grasp the handbrake lever all round so that nothing can drop out. Have your new cover ready to go straight on.

doh well i think ive def lost it, the dont sell just the spring do they? also how does the button platsic part insert back into the main handbrake section at the lower part where the cogs are, as i can seem to figure out how to elease it, but not to lock the levers again so it holds on the handbrake.

Quote: Originally posted by Bazzeray on 30 November 2004

yea slice down the top with a stanley and then fold it over, be careful of the button tho incase it falls down into the unit. mine did that and it took fookin ages to get the spring to go back in place and work.
Does this mean its the same for all clios (mk 1,2,3) that you have to cut the old handle off to put a new one on??? Sounds tricky!!!