ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing headlight washers

2003 Clio 172
I've read a few threads about removing the headlight washers and replacing them with blanks as personally I think the washers are an eyesore. The removal itself looks pretty straight forward, however I'm wondering how you go about removing the pipework, as none of the threads mention this. I can see the two rubber hoses unclip from the rear of the bumper, but what are they attached to, pump reservoir, etc? Does anything that end need blanking off, etc? Don't want to end up with water dripping everywhere everytime I use the screen washers lol. Cheers.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
There are two pumps in the washer reservoir, one for the headlamps and one for the normal washers, you can just loop the pipe connected to the headlamp ones, can’t remember which it is off the top of my head though :(

You can loop them at a lower level than at the pump if you wanted otherwise you need to remove the wipers to access the pumps, it will all become fairly obvious when you get the bumper off to look at the tubing tbh.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just loop the pipes where they come to the bumper on the passenger side. Had no leaks from mine like this.
53635e082be12e6d7060750cbcb606b4.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yup, thats it as per the above :) All fairly obviously once you pull the lines out with the bumper off.

2003 Clio 172
Thanks for replies. Looks pretty straight forward really. Will be removing washers when I get the bumper off to do a front end freshen up soon ?

Clio 172 ph2
As Greeny mentioned there are two pumps in the reservoir. There are two connectors too. So I suggest to disconnect wiring harness connector from the pump which is for headlight washers. Pump will not work = no leaks