ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Lower Inlet on 182??

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
So, today I made a start on the job of swapping over my inlets (have a painted set to go on).

Upper inlet easy to remove.

Started tackling the lower inlet. Got most of the bolts off now, but still can’t get the inlet off.

I also have a engine mount bracket which has been painted; wasn’t able to remove this today as I don’t have a deep enough 16mm socket to take the main bolt off which attaches to the engine mount itself. The other three bolts holding the bracket to the engine are easy enough. I was going to leave changing this for another day, thinking I can still replace lower inlet without changing this...

Few questions...

1) do I need to remove the engine mount bracket to get to the lower inlet? I am going to order a deep 16mm socket so I can get it off and swap with the new one anyway

2) looks like there is one last bolt on the bottom of the inlet, on far left hand side. Managed to get 4 bolts off at the bottom, but access to this last one which I think needs to come off looks tricky as it is behind the alternator bracket. So do I need to take off alternator bracket too?

I’ve left it like this for now!

Appreciate any help/pointers.

388C83D5-8EB5-4D33-8E3A-06BFA3E865F4.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
There are the bolts along the front into the head. One of the engine mounts bolts and if I remember correctly there is one down the cambelt side of the engine which goes into the side.

I don't remember having to remove the alternator bracket before. I have done it a fair few times!

Have you got another inlet to fit? If so look at the left hand side of it and you should see where the bolt goes. Hope that helps @Ash J

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
There are the bolts along the front into the head. One of the engine mounts bolts and if I remember correctly there is one down the cambelt side of the engine which goes into the side.

I don't remember having to remove the alternator bracket before. I have done it a fair few times!

Have you got another inlet to fit? If so look at the left hand side of it and you should see where the bolt goes. Hope that helps @Ash J

Thanks for the reply.

Yep I’ve got all the bolts along the front into the head off; 4 of them? But it looks like there might be another a bit harder to get to, slightly offset (the other 4 are all in line with each other) which looks to hold the alternator bracket to the inlet/head?

Seen the one on cambelt side, still need to get that one off.

So, you’ve not had to remove alternator bracket before? That is good to know.

As for the engine mount bolt, is it enough just removing that one bolt and wiggling the inlet out, or do you need to remove the engine mount bracket?

Appreciate the help!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Was just trying to find a picture and came across this link, which should help.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Was just trying to find a picture and came across this link, which should help.

Thanks mate, appreciated. Should help when I next get round to looking at it (y)