ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing My Front bumper On My 197

RS Clio 197
Hi all,

has anyone got any tips on how to remove my front bumper as I can tell its been taken off before maybe by the previous owner and the passenger side does not sit flush with the wing.

I did notice that my car already has a Cliosport tax disc holder so I was also wondering if anyone has any previous history of my 197 the plate used to be EA56 VHN before I changed it to my private registration.

thanks guys.

​Kody

megane 285 sport
pop the bonnet, two bolts either side of the latch, two plastic clips (one above each headlight), two or three bolts on the undertray, there is a bolt on each side where the bumper meets the arch, but the inner front arch lining maybe in the way which is held in place by a number of clips, and two torque screws at the bottom of each arch liner which fix it to under tray, once the arch.bumper bolt is out, the corner of the needs a sharp pull away from the arch as the corner of the bumper is clipped into the arch,the from the front pull the top of the front bumper towards you then pull the bumper up and it should unhook of the car, then unplug the fogs lights from the passager side of the bumper and there acid over tube from the battery that clips into a slot around the same area as the fog light plug.
if its just a realine of the arch/bumper bumper then just remove the wheel of the said side, remove arch liner and the arch/bumper bolt pull out realine and refit bolt.
the bumper/arch clip have been know to wear out/brake, but if your handy with cable ties then that should sort it.