ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing my seats....

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I have some buckets to fit.

I also have universal rails if that makes any difference.

How do I remove them?

Cheers.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks very much I will take a look now.

As for the seats. Not sure will be keeping them as I am not sure how much longer I will have the car.

Fiesta zetec s
Two of the nuts are under rubber bungs and the other 2 are located around the exhaust pipe. undo all for and your seat will lift up and out. That goes for the drivers seat not to sure for the passengers.

Audi TT 3.2
Two of the nuts are under rubber bungs and the other 2 are located around the exhaust pipe. undo all for and your seat will lift up and out. That goes for the drivers seat not to sure for the passengers.

yeh exactly the same for both seats did mine this weekend, aslong as you got a decent jock then shouldnt take too long to remove! just 4x 13mm bolts per seat!

320d
Get axle stands. They are very cheap and also there is no way i'd be under a car only supported by a jack, if it breakes, chances are you break too.

Ph2 Clio 172
Is there anything to be aware on when disconnecting the seatbelt pretensionors, and/ or seat airbags, ie: will they go off if I just disconnect them?

Need to remove the seat from the subframe on my wifes Ph2 172, as the plastic runner thing has broke... grrr

Ph2 Clio 172
Thanks Daniel, nice one :)

Removed the damn offside subframe/ slider part of the seat (the broken bit), whilst I was there I removed the 15mm vibration mount thingies to get the seat slightly lower.

Now all I need to do is find a breaker yard, to replace said broken slider thing lol

I presume 172 ones aren't spethal ones lol and that all Clio Ph2 ones are the same (he hopes!)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yep, all the same.

Here's me helping you, but I still need to help the OP with some pictures! lol.

(sorry Jamie!!)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys.

I sorry removed and refitted seats just fine. New ones wouldnt fit so orginals went back in.

Even for a plank with a spanner like me it is literally a 20 min job.