ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing paint layer?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Not a car. I have just bought a bmx with a really nice front wheel. For some reason the previous owner has decided to attack it with a rattle can and it's not the best paint job i have seen. I have started heating the paint and scratching it off the hub but my nails are getting painful. Credit card etc. don't cut it.

If i use white spirit will it strip the colour from the blue anodising on the hub?

Mito Sportiva 135
If it's annodised the blue SHOULD be ok but I've not tried this myself so can't guarantee I'm afraid. Spray paint is quite hard to remove without damaging whatever is undeneath

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I started heating it with a hairdryer and picking it with my nail. Got most of the way but then it got painful so i've just left it and decided to build a new wheel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Try some tar and glue remover. If left on long enough (30 mins) it will start to soften paint.