ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing PAS Pipes - From Rack

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Hi,

Managed to remove one nut yesterday as we've got the subframe in place it's quite hard to gain access.

However every time I get a tool on one of the fittings it seems to spin the pipe as well.

Not looking to keep any of it intact. Any tips or tricks that help remove these damn things?

Only things I haven't tried is:

1, lower the subframe a little, without removing it.
2, Blow torch but I feel access would be an issue.
3, Cut down all the pipes leaving just small fittings to remove on the rack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

If you dont care for the pipe then cutting will be the least work. This is what they are designed like I assume as same thing happened to me. I made a mess of it trying to get it off to end up just dropping the subframe enough to turn the rack itself to unthread the pipe, I then just dropped the whole subframe anyway!

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Probably just dirt and siezed onto the pipe and wont spin freely. Either cut it or just keep turning till it shears
Once its cut you'll probably get a socket on it aswell and make things alot easier

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
I had the same problem the other end. And the second time around of trying to get it off i used a combination of heat and penetrating fluid and it eventually came loose.