ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs200 lower front wishbone removal

RS4, Dax Rush v8
We are trying to replace the front lower wishbone and have read many threads and comments which all seem to say the same thing, it's not difficult. Well I am having a problem and am looking for advice / guidance. This is a 2011 car which has the single bolt and socket for the suspension strut. The wishbone appears to have four connections. One at the rear with an upwards connection to the subframe, One with the ball joint facing the front of the car on the hub carrier, one which looks like a stabilising connection to the hub carrier and the front connection. This front one is my problem. The bolt has a torks type head which a 13mm spanner will fit and a nut facing towards the rear. I can get to these and they are released although not removed. However this bolt does not appear to have enough space to withdraw it forward enough to drop the wishbone.
Is there something I am missing? Do I need to remove or loosen other components. I only have a Haynes manual which doesn't cover the 200 variant.
Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_20210527_141848.jpgIMG_20210527_145641.jpg

nicked95

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 130i
Yup, radiator support needs to come off. It's only an extra couple of bolts just support the rad from above before you take the rad support out.