ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing proper dirt/crud/tar/concrete?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Essentially the Trophy hasnt been cleaned in about 6 months, & last time, the only way we could get rid of the ground in dirt was by using a toilet brush. Needless to say, i only did that on the door sills, not the rest of the car, which is why it still feels as rough as a badgers ar5e.

Personally, i think i need to remove this caked on dirt before i can even consider claying it, but what on earth can i use?

I need something to quite literally dissolve a mm thick layer of muck - a pressure washer/sponger/wash mit wont remove it lol.

Ta

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Snowfoam/TFR.

I'd probably: APC through a snowfoam lance. Shampoo through the lance. Pressure-wash the lot off. Wash with some decent shampoo/mitt. Tardis/Iron-x then clay... then correct/seal as you wish.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yep Tardis is great you can actually watch it "melting" the tar on your arches etc..

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A heavy duty all purpose cleaner or traffic film remover applied through a pressure washer and left to dwell without drying would be a good start. Have a look for megs apc or G101 as they are favoured I believe

Wash down with a strong dilution wash mix then start with the tardis and iron x. Maybe look at the wolf's iron remover as that can be left a lot longer

TFR, left to dwell. High ratio'd all pupose cleaner like G101 in a snow foam, left to dwell. Pressure wash off after each, then Tardis, then Iron-X, then another snow foam with G101.

I'd actually be happy to help. For a beer.