ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear Clio and Renaultsport badges

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
What's the recommended method to debadge a phase 2? I'm thinking just a hairdryer and dental floss, but I might be missing something and I don't want to damage the paint.

A well built VW
clio badge - slide a credit card or similar under and it pops out (leaving 2 holes behind) did this recently to clean behind it

Dental Floss for the other one as its stuck on iirc and floss seems to get right under the sticky bit best then some Glue & Tar remover to remove the residue

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
If you leave any small scratches in the paint Rys give me a PM and i will put the machine polisher on them for you.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
Recommended method = Don't do it!!! Look much better left alone ;-)

Hope the car's running well mate.

Rys

Clio 2 RS 182
Recommended method = Don't do it!!! Look much better left alone ;-)

Hope the car's running well mate.
Hehe, I was thinking about swapping the RS one for the current Twingo RS badge, rather than a complete debadging. Although debadge plus 1.2 bullets would be a laugh :D

Car's running nicely, just had it fully serviced + completely new rear brakes + new T1-Rs all round at Birchdown and bar the exhaust (which is in a bit of a state now and really blowing :( ) it's in pretty rude health.

Thinking about a Yozza, since it's stainless and has a lifetime warranty, but I'm still open to persuasion. Won't be putting the standard one back on anyway.

Washed it yesterday and it's getting another wash and wax tomorrow, weather permitting. On holiday at the moment, so it's getting love, and I hope I'm not defiling it too much for your liking :D

Still haven't got round to proper pics yet though, maybe after the wax tomorrow.

@ Luke, cheers dude, that'd be awesome. There's a spot on the rear bumper that you could take a look at actually, see what you think. Will show you on Tuesday!