ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing roof spoiler!

someone want to tell me how to remove the spoiler from my dynamique? yes i can unscrew the fecker but what about the electrical connections??? is the spoiler bonded down as well as being screwed?

Clio 1.6 16V

open hatch and remove the 4 torx screws (two at each end)
Put a cover between the hatch top and roof so you dont scrape any paint on the roof/edge
Lift the spoiler up to release the 4 or 5 pop studs (sharp upward tug ... oh err)
When it is released carefully pull the rubber washer pipe from the washer jet
Remove the connector at the high level b/light (careful with the retainer clip or you will break it)
Jobs a good un!

Question - is the spoiler stuck to the tailgate with double-sided tape, or is it just held in place with clips/screws?

Clio 1.6 16V

Once the six torx screws are removed there are are about 4 plastic pop fixings holding the spoiler in place (making you think it is stuck down). Give it a sharp push upwards and the spoiler will be free (after removing the H/L braking connection and washer pipe). Whole operation takes about 5-10 mins.

Excellent! Thanks!!!

Just getting my new (V6 Mk2) spoiler sprayed so relieved to hear itll be easy to fit/swap over! :D