ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Side Strips MK2 facelift

Clio 1.2
Hi, could anyone help me with this...
i want to remove my side strips so i can spray them.

Ive read about and i think all you have to do is slide them? is this right?
i dont know too much :/

Tom

Yep just slide them away from which ever end of the car they are situated

Like the front door ones slide towards the rear and the rear slide to the front

Pull hard they may be slightly stiff :)

Clio 1.2
Okay cheers mate!

when spraying ive got the primer the colour and the lacquer, do you reckon sand the strips down before putting primer on or dont really need to?

Clio 1.2
should i do what it says on the tin...... lol
leave the primer to dry for 24 hours? or just just it a good sand clean it down plastic primer couple coats then dry, grey primer dry paint dry lacquer dry etc..... is there any need in both primers or shal i just use the grey plastic primer?

To be honest when I paint anything of mine I leave the primer for 15 mins until touch dry If you do it in thin enough layers all should be fine especially in this warm weather unless it's humid then leave it longer where if you have thick layers you may have touch dry on the surface but underneath it's still wet and when you handle
It you mark the paint with finger prints and the like

I did 15 mins between each coat, then waited like an hour/two hours between different layers. Was a hot day though.
Did that on my alloys about a year ago. Still clean up perfectly.

Clio 1.2
Okay thanks guys! I brought the plastic primer goin to take the grey primer back! And hopefully soon all should be done, weathers gone abit wet so waitin for abit warmer weather :)

clio mk 2 5 door
just sprayed my ciamonds and clio badge and now sanding my side strips down to cc. just make sure you sand it really well to rough it up