ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing skirts. need help using filler.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

right might crack on with this tomorrow. bored of the M3 skirts, think they look a bit boyracer. might get some standard renault ones if i can see any going cheap somewhere...

but this is the plan. looks like the skirts have rubbed the sills so will have to fix the rust where the paint is missing and poss fix rust where the rivets are on the sills...

drill out rivets

sand rust/paint on sills

treat rust

fill rivet holes with filler, skim over that area with filler to make sure its smooth with rest of sill this is the bit im not sure about want it to look smooth!

sand lots

mask area

primer/sanding

colour/sanding

laquer

have i missed anything, got any tips for making a good job with the filler?

i want it smooth like there was nothing there. never done anything with filler before.

at least its in a discreet place if i fuk it up!

Chocolate Bar™

might crack over time with you only using filler to fill the holes. i know its probably near impossible but try and cover the hole internally, and then fill over that so the filler doesnt just drop through the hole over time.

other people will probably suggest proper ways of doing it :p

Clio 1.4, SV650S

yeh i thought that would be a problem... only 3mm holes though, pretty small. cant get to the other side of them. :confused: