ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Spark Plugs

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
as above.

would i need a special tool to do this or can i use a socket to do this and if so what size

oh i have 1.2 8v D7F Engine.

many regards

Nathan

Last edited:
  R5gtt, 182, volvo...
you need a deep socket with the rubber grip in or you wont be able to pick up the plug if its between the cams.. when refitting be careful not to crossthread the holes or you'll feck em.. wind the new ones in gently with the ratchet till it stops, if its at the end of its travel and not caught on dirt you'll need to nip it a little more to compress the washer.. job done..

Rsport182Cup'd
so go to the motorist discount shop and buy the special t handle tool for a few quid, if no experience use this and not a ratchet with a big handle, because as mentioned above if you f**k up it costs money to have helicoils done to re thread it, so you do not want to over tighten. take your plug with you or check in shop as there is two different size spark plugs and you need the right tool, easy job really just watch what you are doing, do them one at a time puttin HT lead back on before starting the next one, if you get the leads muddled up the car will not fire in the right sequence.

80MPG BEEZA
i just changed mine for bosch super 4's as its not starting well changin coil pack next week, i managed to use a 17mm socket then pick the plug out with long pliers, drop new spark plug down and by hand use the 17mm socket until tight then nipped up with the wratchet jobs a good un