ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing steering wheel?

fastest passat in't world
Is this an easy job?

I have two warranties on my Clio Sport and neither of them will cover the rotary switch thats faulty behind the steering wheel. Renault have quoted me £220 plus VAT and I aint paying that.

If its as easy to remove the wheel from the clio as it was for my gold and Leon, im doing it myself.

Any advise gratefully received :)

fastest passat in't world
Oh, its a 2003, 172 sport

And sorry, I just realised i posted it in the wrong place

Last edited:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Easy,

Disconnect car battery for at least an hour to be safe (make sure you have code for HU if you still have original renault)

Look behind steering wheel you will see a metal clip on either side, these need to be prised with a flat screwdriver or simmilar, once you unclip both the airbag unit will pop out.

disconnect airbag wires, remove centre torx screw almost all the way (so that there is a couple turns before it comes out) then pull the steering wheel, the torx screw should catch the steering wheels as it loosens off stopping it from hitting you in the head (from experience ;) )

jobs a g'dun..

I have pix somewhere IIRC.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182
brilliant im hining of changeing my wheel....where do you put the resisters in the pic to keep the airbag light off?

Thanks