ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing stripes on an 05 plate 182

Recaro + Cupped 182
just about to put a deposit down on a Black/Gold 182, and the original owner has put some dark grey stripes over the car gordini style, if i removed them would the paint come with it and would there be any fade after just over 1 years old?

Recaro + Cupped 182
matt182 said:
I would say that it would be ok will just need a good polish after i sure someone will correct me if i am wrong
Cheers buddy, cant make my mind up if i like them or not!

RS Meg 175
tbh i would leave it as there will be marks left there from sun fading i reckon but wack this thread or something similar in the detailing section and see if any of the detailing boys can shed some light ;)

ST
The paint will be faded quite a bit mate....black gold is very very soft and marks very easily it may need machine polished to sort it properly.

Hairdryer and some adhesive remover then get someone (Brazo, Rich, 182_Blue) who knows what they are doing to hit it with a PC to remove any marks left.

Burgandy 174 sport t
Alan likes to stick the ole pc up his arse and polish cars too if ur close?!?!

appears to be quite good at it too ;)

Recaro + Cupped 182
Big Iain said:
Alan likes to stick the ole pc up his arse and polish cars too if ur close?!?!

appears to be quite good at it too ;)

Whats p.c? so its a bad idea then!?

M2 Competition
Unless its really really cheap, buy one without the dodgy stripes mate??

Theres literally hundreds of 182's out there, its a buyers market at the moment, keep going til you find a perfect one!

Yup agree with Fake Dan. Dont just take any old one.

Tell him you're worried about the stripes, get him to take them off and see how it looks! You can make your mind up then.

BMW 330D
Revels106 said:
Tell him you're worried about the stripes, get him to take them off and see how it looks! You can make your mind up then.

id be worried as to why he put them on in the 1st place, so yea suggesting the bloke to take them off imo would be a good idea. could be covering up some stone chips?