ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Swirl Marks

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

Where I had some PDR on my passenger door there is an area of swirly scratches you can see in certain lights - the paint looks a bit duller.

Can somebody recommend a polish which can get light scratches out?

many thanks in advance.

Andy

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
First use a light cutting compound such as one from the Menzerna range. Then use a finishing polish and sealant, Chemical Guys P40 finishing polish and Jetseal 109 to seal and then wax the car for the final shine. Dont do just one panel, do the whole car :D

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Thanks mate, where would I buy this from? Is there a kit I can buy???

You should be able to get everything you need from any of the detailing supplies websites. And I agree with the MP comment. Kestrel DA polisher is your friend :)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Is it possible to remove swirls without a machine polisher?

It depends how deep the scratches are and how bad the swirls are. YES, you can have a go and YES most polishes will simply fill the swirls but they will come back in a couple of washes. To repair them, you really need the MP.