ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the boot diamond

RB 182
I know that the main way is to take the boot liner out, undo the 3 bolts then push it out or something... is there another way? like just by prising the diamond off with out removing the boot clip? And does anyone know where i can buy a rear diamond if it is different to the front if you just prise it off?

RB 182
i couldnt see one... the reason i want an alternate way is because i really cant be bothered to take the whole boot clip off nas it will take a day or 2 to spray so i wont have a boot clip for this time...

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
i took mine off and sprayed them matte black. i just popped a small screwdriver in and wedged it out. i snpped a wee racket but then used super glue and it is holding fine and looks good mate

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The diamond itself has little slots that locate into the boot surround, it isn't clipped together but is bonded and has some pretty good double sided tape on the back of the diamond holding it to the surround. I very much doubt you'll be able to prise it off without causing damage to one or both parts.

Could you not just remove the whole lot, take the badge off to spray and put the surround back on?

BG 182
i couldnt see one... the reason i want an alternate way is because i really cant be bothered to take the whole boot clip off nas it will take a day or 2 to spray so i wont have a boot clip for this time...

A day or 2? I did mine in a few hours. If you're doing a home job just get a fan heater next to it to help it dry inbetween coats and don't do them too thick, soon speeds things up.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I ALWAYS allow 24hours for primer / paint / lacquer to dry before either sanding back or applying the next stage of coats.

Maybe I like things done properly but it was a week before I was happy to put my clio badge and exhaust surrounds back on the car. There's no point in rushing as you'll always regret it