ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing the UCH

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Just a quick question.

How does the UCH come out? I've removed the 13mm bolt but it still feels solid, with the cage it's hard to see anything!!

Cheers
Gman

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Did you find an answer to this? I've changed mine today, and currently my replacement is wedged behind the dash as I couldn't get my old one out, really didn't want to start taking the dashboard apart!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
once the 13mm bolt and the fuse box torque is out just pull it down. Its on a plastic clip of sorts

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Yeah remove the far bottom left Torx behind the fuse box cover, Just a question, where did you get the replacement from and has it been coded?

I hope you got the chassis number from the vehicle it came from. As without it you won't be able to get replacement keys. Also the decoder ring isn't part of the matched set.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Where did you get yours from? You get the same UCH and ECU numbers as your existing car?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Off here, from someone breaking another Cup.

Didn't know about the numbers until after, I figured all cups were the same.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Guess you must of got the correct one then, or was it just one with the same engine code and Nx (N2 or N3) Number?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Old thread bump but nobody mentioned a small tab on top of the unit. Once the 13mm boot and torx screw are out, push the UCH up to release the tab, then move it to the right before pulling down. Otherwise you’ll just snap the plastic tab. Ask me how I know 🤦🏻‍♂️

8F20A96A-AA0D-4FE6-887A-F947593FAAF6.jpeg