ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Vundo Trojan

Chocolate Bar™
Managed to get one of these bad boys on my pc telling me that its found my p**n stash and is going to ruin my life, and i'm having real problems removing it. Tried vundofix and a couple of others, but theres still a few files it cant remove. Dont really wanna format the pc, anyone know of any other good programs? Tried vundobegone and the symantec remover also.

Chocolate Bar™
vundofix still isnt working, as theres one file that can never be removed even on reboot. i cant delete the file manually, so i'm pretty much stuck. Anyone else have any ideas?

Chocolate Bar™
^ mint program

think i've fixed it now, had to manually delete a load of files though. comp seems to be running ok for the time being so hope for the best!

a renault
If ur system is working now, then i'd backup everything you "need", then do a format and start a fresh, that way you have a clean slate.

Chocolate Bar™
yeah may well do, luckily i keep everything abcked up anyway cheers for the help everyone :)

RB 182
Don't know if you've got anti-virus but I can recommend ESET Smart Security as a full package which also includes NOD32 (antivirus).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive never used Norton since I had it installed in 2002 and it missed 3 trojans that McAfee Enterprise picked up straight away.