ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 19 Leather Interior in a Clio

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

All,

I have recently supplied a customer who has a clio 16v with a leather interior from a Renault 19 16v. I was under the impression that the interior fitted in without problem. However, I have just spoken to the customer on the phone who has told me that the rear bench is not going to fit. I have never inspected this closely, but from what I had heard I advised him it would fit straight in. This is obviously not the case, so I am looking for some advice from anyone on here who has done the conversion. I know RajK did it, and they may well be others.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

my guide hehe:D it doesnt fit straight in, the rears need work and the fronts need the frames changing or new holes drilling!

when i did my rears i actually used the clio rear seat base and just fixed the rear 19 cushion over it , this meant that i could still use the front locating pegs.a bit of duck tape underneath helps to hold it in place.but most of the beading around the cushion fits anyway.

I have done the same as above but found that because the 16v base is in two parts there is a gap at the front where there is nowhere for the beading to go into........... what did you do about that??

duck tape underneath holds it all in place plus if you stretch it enough it will actually fit in the indent intended for going round the seat belt clips.

if you want i can take a picture of the underside to show you what i mean.