ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 F1000 Rally Car

My Renault 5 F1000 Rally Car

After finding out my white 5 shell needed a new inner & outer sill, floor and other bits of rust sorting... I s**t out, so started hunting for a new more soild shell

This 5 had been on ebay a few times... Ive wanted since i first laid my eyes on it & read the spec, so I pulled my finger out and got it... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....291778597&Category=9861null&_trksid=p3907.m29

Plans... F1000 to F2000.. Ive still got plenty of goodies to add to it :)

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

IMG_2355.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2357.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

Last edited:

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
someones spent alot of time on that, drilled pannels, rear turret conversion, hydro handbrake and the top half of the bulk head cut out.

whats been done to the rear for it to need turrets? coilovers? if so whats been done to the tortion bar?

get that 2ltr in there and use it as a proper track ****

It used to be a Europarts drag car, they drilled and cut up the shell, then it was bought as a shell and was turned into a rally car using another 5 rally car as a donar

Its running Evo 3 rear shocks on the rear.. The torsion bar is still in place, but i could run the springs as they are coilover shocks... Its something I will look into in the future :)

**** it will be ;)

Nick... did you not see how rat the seat was?... silver duct taped FS

Ive not got a resto in me TBH... get bored to easily & i need to learn how to weld :eek:

Cheers folks... glad you can see the potential :)

FUUUUUUCK me heres a blast from the past:).....myself ian and justin built that car USC '06:)....i cut them holes, i took a fooking age LOL, the car ran a PB of 12.1 @ 116 mph IIRC:)

lovly to see is still living, i must tell ian to , he will be pleased to know:)

M

mini-valver

Your nan must f**king hate you! Awesome man, get the F7R in quick!

320d
Lol is it your nans where you keep all your projects winston, i realy want a nice big double garage so i can get a project in there, i'm thinking classic mini.

My nans drive is more of a project overflow... when my back garden is full

I would love a garage... but until i get one, Gazebos, longjohns and 3 coats will prevail

Cool to folk in the know ;)

Awww shucks Mazza:eek: lol

I plan to do a few trackdays next year to get used to the car and get it set up... then I will take it from there.. I would deffo like to enter it in some competition at some point:)