ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo, F7P Turbo Powered Tungsten Track Car.

Mk1 Focus RS
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Gives me more reasons to get it finished. :)

Few pictures of some bits I've been doing, I lost my camera for 2 weeks so there a bit all over the place.

Started stripping the engine out off the other shell.

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04087.jpg

Rust treated and painted the rear beam.

DSC04090.jpg

Got my Spal fan back off a friend that I gave it to when I wasn't going to be using it anymore.

Much lighter than the s**tty standard one.

DSC04093.jpg

DSC04092.jpg

DSC04091.jpg

Relocated the Charge cooler tank and cleaned up the welds as I looked like a blind chimp had made it, Going to get it powder coated black then it should look Ok

DSC04094.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

Cars a bit dusty and scratched already from all the grinding, cutting and welding, But I'm going to redo the engine bay gloss black along with the interior once I've trail fitting the engine. Also going to change the rooting around of the water pipes.

Some off the welding

DSC04100.jpg

Looks a bit s**t in places but it's really hard to get the grinder the tight angles to smooth it off, not too worried as It will be covered up by the thick under seal.

That's it, I've took more pictures on my phone but the Photobucket app isn't working atm.

The new target is to get it running ready for the road by the end of the month. :/

Last edited:
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Keep it going mate,you will only look back and wish you had finished,esp with all the hard work that's gone in to it so far.Looks great by the way,my brother had a new tungsten r5 when they first came out,used to drive it all the time,awesome cars.

Mk1 Focus RS
Got some more welding done today.&nbsp;<br><br>
DSC04108.jpg
<br><br>
DSC04110.jpg
<br><br>
DSC04114.jpg
<br><br><br>Also took the pedal box and servo out.&nbsp;<br><br><br>
DSC04106.jpg
<br><br>
DSC04107.jpg
<br><br><br>

Mk1 Focus RS
The weldings crap, getting fed up TBH and its really awkward to get under there when the car is on the floor.

Mk1 Focus RS
Time for an update,

Took the engine out a couple of weeks back, borrowed a crane as I've taken the winch down.

DSC04157.jpg

Wouldn't normally jack on the sub frame but it was guna be scraped anyway.

DSC04154.jpg

Bought a OMP steering wheel of a mate that I've nagging to sell to me for nearly a year, well pleased with it just needs a Lifeline group N boss.

DSC04161.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

Finally this afternoon took the clutch off and chucked the engine on the stand,

DSC04186.jpg

DSC04192.jpg

Not really done a lot else other than messed about with the new daily, put a new head gasket on and replaced and few other seals, just waiting on another carb gasket then It will be back on the road.

DSC04189.jpg

DSC04190.jpg

Can't complain really it was free. Plan is to run it to work so I can put everything into getting the Renault on the road.

Looking good. I would get someone else to do your welding though as they are bad(sorry). Mig is so easy the above just looks like a series of tacks together.

Mini is cool though for free.

Mk1 Focus RS
Looking good. I would get someone else to do your welding though as they are bad(sorry). Mig is so easy the above just looks like a series of tacks together.

Mini is cool though for free.

Agreed it was a real windy day while getting used to a new welder. I sore someone else had done it that way and it stopped it just blowing a whole every cm, grinding it back so you will never see it.

Yeah was alright, don't think this will be worth much. Hopefully getting a 172 cup of a friend to use a winter daily.

Picked up a set of Polycarb windows, Fitted the rear already but not sure what I'm going to do with the front and sides as I want to convert to campas rears.

DSC04214.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

Mk1 Focus RS
Bought some bumper repair brackets.

DSC04201.jpg

DSC04202.jpg

Moved the drive around and got the beetle back In the garage as I don't think that I'll be finished this year either :/

DSC04200.jpg

DSC04195.jpg

DSC04196.jpg

Clio Dynamique Noir
Just read through the whole thread...really great work mate!! Keep it up, cant wait to see it finished Good Luck! Subscribed!!

Lots of work has gone into this.. well done for sticking with it.. hows it going? Last post was about 1 year ago?.. is it on the road yet? Surprising how long these take, mine didnt have any rust and still took me 6 years and counting to get it how I want it lol.. keep up the good work...nice work.