ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault are rubbish

i know a few people on here love to slack off the dealerships which to be fair to try there best but there is a dealership near to me in the north west and will be near a few more of you at oulton on saturday.

first of all i took my car in for a knocking noise not only did it take them two days, also they did not fix it and made it worse it now knocks in 3rd

second took my car in for the lights coming on they said nothing was wrong and just reset it. this is the good bit they do a check everytime a car comes in now how am i going to believe this check when they think the 172 cup comes with a spare tyre. surely just a little check would find that out instead of just ticking all the boxes in the form and handing it to me.

and finally booked it in to fix the original knocking problem you would think they would be more helpful as they clearly did not fix it in the first place. they have forgotton to put me down on 13th dec so now i will have to wai till the 29th forit to be fixed but today some belts snapped maybe cam belt so renault are getting it today but might be able to look at it till monday what is going on these people are muppets and cannot be seen as professionals someimes i think i would be better o sack off the warranty and get the quality garage down the road to do everything.

sorry so long but they have really pissed me off. where can i complain about the pathetic standards there?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

You can get a quality garage down the road to do it...Its EU law now for top dealers to let small businesses take work as long as renault parts are used

ian

My local dealers favourite line is "yes thats totally normal, they all do that" I dont give a f**k if they all do it, never did before!

You went to Renault Chester didnt you?

Renault Chester is one of the worst Renault garages ever although officialy for number of complaints Renault Liverpool does even worse.

Try Speed Six in Wrexham though they always seem good for me but there still a Renault dealership.

If you want a realy bad garage try Suburu in Whitchurch since my parents paid ~£20k there youd expect them to be decient and they worse than Renault Liverpool and Renault Chester combined.

If the cambelt has snapped youd know about it its most likly the aux belt. If your power stearing went then its the AUX belt if you know somehting horrible must have happened then the cambelt has broke. A new aux belt isnt that bad to replace and there is a tecnical bullitin out for this possible problem.

Try a call to Renault Uk just mentioning the work Chester and there likly to know about them.

Dont buy Chester 182s though the black one for definate has been hammered.

last night a member of the staff at chester rang me to see why i was not happy about what had happened i thought it was quite obvious!! so now the manager is going to ring me in the next couple of days no doubt when i am on the track day just to annoy me a little bit more.

it is the timing belt that has gone then it slipped under the cam belt wonderful i think it is buggered. so i am in the transit at the moment so anyone need anything carrying

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 08 December 2004

Would be nice to know if Renault UK are actually working to improve the dealerships? and if what are they doing?
About a week ago i had a call from Renault UK saying that they were trying to improve things and i had a long phone questionaire asking how happy/unhappy i was with the dealer....needless to say i told them that my dealer is awful

but hopefully they are trying to do something about it

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 09 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 08 December 2004Would be nice to know if Renault UK are actually working to improve the dealerships? and if what are they doing?[/QUOTE]About a week ago i had a call from Renault UK saying that they were trying to improve things and i had a long phone questionaire asking how happy/unhappy i was with the dealer....needless to say i told them that my dealer is awfulbut hopefully they are trying to do something about it

I should hope so after all the posts on here.
It would be nice to think that somebody high up at Renault was taking notice

Ford Fiesta

i did email renault UK asking them to look at these forums and to use them as a way of contacting us owners. I also sent a link to them about a similar post.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

tried to call the dealer today and the phone just rang out several times......

not even given the chance to be dissapointed.... rubbish

i once called about havin a scratch repaired, they said the nearest repair centre was not in derby but miles away notts, then they gave me the wrong number to call... just useless

i actually went to get the sunroof done at derby last year and they said they needed the car for 3 days, took it to burton renault and it took just one afternoon:confused: how can they get it so wrong

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 09 December 2004
i did email renault UK asking them to look at these forums and to use them as a way of contacting us owners. I also sent a link to them about a similar post.

Did they bother responding?

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 09 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 09 December 2004

Did they bother responding?

I told them not to bother replying to my email and instead to reply on these froums as i was only sharing the views of nearly everybody on here.

Havnt heard from them.

They are quite good renault CS for replying via email but its the dealerships that are ****.

they might have trouble reaponding I doubt renault uk would allow full internet access for the people in customer service who would of recieved your mail.

it would require whomever recieved the email to have the wear with all to see its value and take it higher up the chain.

that is unless you have contacts of course!

Quote: Originally posted by mr sheep on 09 December 2004

tried to call the dealer today and the phone just rang out several times......

not even given the chance to be dissapointed.... rubbish

i once called about havin a scratch repaired, they said the nearest repair centre was not in derby but miles away notts, then they gave me the wrong number to call... just useless

i actually went to get the sunroof done at derby last year and they said they needed the car for 3 days, took it to burton renault and it took just one afternoon:confused: how can they get it so wrong

Is that sunwin motors in Derby? Ive ordered the V through them and so far am not impressed with there customer service.

Boz

Arctic 182

Sunwin Derby are sh*te. They wanted my car for two days to fix the 182 front O/S knock. No courtesy car available until mid Jan. Not bothering as they wont fix it anyway. Probably just give me a free bumper scratch.

update on the cup is that it was taken into the garage last night so they are looking at it straight away and they are ringing me this morning to say what is wrong. they are doing ok so far but i think this might only because the manager knows i am not a happy shopper.

I have had loads of trouble with my Renault Dealership, so i spoke to Renault UK.

They were really good about all the problems i have had, and have given me a £100 Voucher to use on anything at Reanult.

Fair enough but it does not seem much, but how i saw it was it is a better than a kick in the teeth, and now whenever we have problems with our dealership i use Renault UK, seem to be a bit more effeciant and are willing to help.

they have rang me i need a new engine wonderful but this could be a good thing as it will wipe a few miles off. anyone know anything about this?

Quote: Originally posted by riccycup on 10 December 2004

they have rang me i need a new engine wonderful but this could be a good thing as it will wipe a few miles off. anyone know anything about this?
They have to leave the milage as the higest milage the car/engine has .

They have to replace the dash to change the milage.