ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault...bunch of DOG w**kerS.

Today i took my 1yr old 172 into renault Halifax to get a noise in the engine looked at.They come back and tell me they arent sure what the problem is but they think its a cambelt problem thingy ermmm...I know cam belts are important so im ready to get it fixed there and then.Three weeks sir till we can get your car in, ok is the car safe to drive i said..Errrr not sure sir but i think if the engine blows you might be covered by the warranty but i cant be positive.Nice one renault now im gonna have to hire a car because im sh*t scared to drive mine.They make you feel like its not there problem that the car is F**KED ,also the car was already waiting a replacement exhaust part which i have to pay 20% because they say its a wear an tear item.

Bleedin fumin i can tell ya...:mad:

Honda customer service is no better if they can fix it fine is they cannot, they dont care.

Ask for a loan car if they dont have the parts they should give you a loan car, also if they are a car down the parts turn up quicker for some reason.

Yes thats funny that... I got a loan car and my car is suddenly ready tonight where as it was not going to be fixed till next thrusday....

My car was just in for the very same problem. They said car was not safe to drive but they didnt have the parts in. I was away for three days so just left it with them and picked it up an hour ago. All fixed no charge- not even for the extra scratches in the side!

No main dealer gives a sh*t!!!!! I worked for a Mercedes and Porsche main dealer, they didnt give one either :mad:

Luckily my mate works for Siemens so he could plug my car in and read the ECU, rather than paying Renault which I did once, only to be told they didnt know what was wrong with it!!! :confused:

Update....Now driving a lovely 1.4 astra hire car at a cost of £200 for the week.....Gonna do my best to claim money back off renault customer care.

Im that pissed off at moment with my 172 with its defective exhaust and engine that ive started to look at other cars in the same sort of loving way i looked at my 172 when i first got it..tell you what the clutch on the astra is sooooo easy compared to the 172 which i seem to be stalling so much lately..

or maybe im a bit light on the old gas pedal...Roll on wednesday an the f**kers better mend me car.

further updates to follow

Dodgy:(

CTR EK9 turbo

an exhaust isnt a wear and tear item. If you have warranty and its not modded then your zorst will be covered. It sounds like you need to go to a different Renault Garage.......Ive had bit of my exhaust replaced loads and its all been under warranty. In fact the only things ive had to pay for on my car were the brake pads and tyres and service - (oil, filters etc).

Cheers Simon ill tell renault that im not prepared to contribute 20% of the price of exhaust part,which they seem to have misplaced the order for anyways.Guy at renault actually said it was a common fault on 172s so that makes it a manufacturing fault on renaults part.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Charlotte on 08 March 2003

No main dealer gives a sh*t!!!!! I worked for a Mercedes and Porsche main dealer, they didnt give one either :mad:
Luckily my mate works for Siemens so he could plug my car in and read the ECU, rather than paying Renault which I did once, only to be told they didnt know what was wrong with it!!! :confused:

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY I PREFER MY RELIABLE, TRUSTWORTHY, HONEST, CARING, LOCAL GARAGE, WHO VALUE ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS, WHERE NOTHING IS TOO MUCH TROUBLE, THE MECHANICS DONT TALK DOWN AT THE CUSTOMERS, CARS GET THOROUGH ATTENTION, NOTHING IS SKIMPED, THEIR LABOUR CHARGES ARE HALF WHAT RENAULT MONKEYS CHARGE AND THE WORK THEY SAY HAS BEEN DONE ON THE CAR, ACTUALLY HAS BEEN DONE, THE CAR GETS CLEANED AND THE WORKSHOP FOREMAN WAS AT A RENAULT DEALER FOR NINE YEARS SO KNOWS RENAULTS INSIDE OUT!

Dodgy- I think you will find that the exhaust is a wear and tear item. I had my centre section replaced and it cost me 20%. Seems to be the norm.