ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 16 v losing water

Clio
Hello there, I need some help with my clio I keep on losing water and I know when there's no water in it cause the car shakes above 40mph but it doesn't over heat and idles good and starts up fine. When I top up the water it'll last about a week (roughly) I don't drive it hard at all. There's no visual signs of leaks but there is coolant that crystallised under the air filter box can something be leaking there?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
is your car blowing white smoke out the exhaust and/or have a mayonnaise type substance under the oils filler cap? If so, you may have head gasket failure. if not, then it could be leaking from the water pump, radiator, heater matirx or any of the connecting hoses.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
I'd look at the heater matrix and hoses around that area first, there will definitely be white mayo type substance under the oil cap as its a 1.2 so don't worry too much about that. It'll be even worse with short journeys. Check for the smoke out the exhaust though like @The Fatty said.

Focus RS + S3
Mine was doing this, by chance i saw a small amount of coolant on top of the gearbox (under the airbox)

The thermostat housing had a slight crack in it causing the leak, as said it wasnt rapidly loosing water, just over a few days/week

£13 for a new thermostat housing/stat and jobs a good un,