ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.4L 16v check engine light

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me.
I bought this '04 98HP 1.4L 16v Clio recently with a check engine light and when the car is idle it starts shaking very roughly. When I use my OBD2 scanner it says misfire cylinder 3. So after checking and replacing the spark plugs the same error kept on coming up. After driving with it for a while it still kept showing misfire cylinder 3. So I changed the order of de ignition coils without any effect.
So my question is if anyone might know what the problem could be?

Clio mk3 1.4
Had the same issue, replaced all 4 coils and fixed my issue. Coils are the 1.4 are really really bad. I just replaced it with a set on ebay for 30quid with 2 yr warranty. It won't be injector related as you would've had a different fault code pop up. It potentially could be a vacuum leak, it would sort it self out the fast you go (get worse when parked). etc.

You could have water ingress which is only hitting the 3rd cylinder, does the car have the engine cover on? Without it, i know if you park down on a hill water can reach its way onto the top of the engine. (Some other forum post mentioned this)

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah the problem only occurs when standing still or driving slow like less than 20kph. The engine does have the cover on. Since i live in the Netherlands there aren't any hills.
The code that I received was: P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

PH2 172
Yeah the problem only occurs when standing still or driving slow like less than 20kph. The engine does have the cover on. Since i live in the Netherlands there aren't any hills.
The code that I received was: P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected

You know the cylinders are numbered 1-4, No 1 being the gearbox end, & No4 the cambelt end?