ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 6x9 3way speakers on parcel shelf, needing advice and how to fit

Renault Clio
Hello,

I'm an owner of a Renault Clio 1.2 Dynamique 04 plate, a relative of mine has recently sold his clio and gave me his speakers which are to be fitted onto the parcel shelf on my car.
the speakers are Fusion Encounter EN-FR693 6X9" 3 way speaker 260W

The information I am seeking is
would I benefit from a subwoofer/amp?

how would I fit them?

I've seen some people say to use the wires from the speakers next to the back seats, other people say to get a new wire for them
I do have a Pioneer radio fitted if it helps

thanks

If 6x9's float your boat then it's pretty easy. run the fronts and rears off the head unit, get an amp and run the 6x9's off that. You'll want the 6x9's in a stealth shelf really too.
If you really want more kick get a 10 inch sub, 12s are pointless but it depends what you listen too.

If it were me however I'd get a decent set of front components and a decent set of rears to keep the stock look and run them both from an amp under the passenger seat, then run a slimline sub under drivers seat.

The way i'd do it would be cheaper, probably sound better and not seen, plus you'd have boot space ;) or more money to spend on better amp, speakers etc

Renault Clio
If 6x9's float your boat then it's pretty easy. run the fronts and rears off the head unit, get an amp and run the 6x9's off that. You'll want the 6x9's in a stealth shelf really too.
If you really want more kick get a 10 inch sub, 12s are pointless but it depends what you listen too.

If it were me however I'd get a decent set of front components and a decent set of rears to keep the stock look and run them both from an amp under the passenger seat, then run a slimline sub under drivers seat.

The way i'd do it would be cheaper, probably sound better and not seen, plus you'd have boot space :wink: or more money to spend on better amp, speakers etc
Thanks
I dont really be wanting to spend too much money on it, what would the best way to do it on a budget, could you recommend any subs/amps which are good yet cheap?

Listerine & Poledo
Keep all the OEM speakers. Just replace the headunit and buy a small powered sub.
Changing the front components is an option, but unless you start wiring in amps (for extra £) then it's not going to be a massive improvement.
A set of cheap, old 6x9 speakers mounted in a rattly OEM parcel shelf WILL sound waff. Sell them on or just throw them in a skip.