ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Roof Fault???

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Hi guys and girls,

Was wondering if anyone could help... I own an '02 Clio, and have noticed a "kink" in the paint work at the edge of my sunroof... I have been told by a non renault garage that this is a common fault on this model... Of which i am sceptical... My car was involved in an accident early this year, and this was not originally visible... Leading me to believe that it is directly related to the accident... Could anybody shed some light on this issue???

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Cheers guys, im having out with the insurance company that this is a result of the bump, but they are having none of it... i will get some pics up soon as...

MERCEDES CLS AMG
100 % sure. The roof always kinks in that area after front end impact. Get an independant inspection from a bodyshop.

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Had the car inspected by the bodyshop that carried out the original repair... Its an approved repairer from the insurance company... SO i woudlnt even be surprised if he's tried to fob me off... The guy tried to blag it and say that it is a common fault on this model; which i dont believe... ive also been looking for any record of this type of fault on the web and found nothing... Looks im going to be writing a load of angry letters today! Cheers mate

Also anyone reading this that works for renault who can shed some light???

Ph1 172 + Combo van
it must have been a hard crash to cause that but that is obviously what it is from because the roof is quite weak there.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
I work for renault i have never seen a roof like that. only on a car after a impact. what area of the car was your impact?

Renault Clio 1.4 16V
Oddly enough... no fast at all!! only 25mph... So now im thinking thats even more worrying... Ive just finished my nasty letter to the insurance company too... Should be interesting