ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Dealers Question

Does anyone know if they are able to remove locking wheel nuts. My key is bust and bar taking a hammer/welding to them i was suggested to contact them and see if they have a skeleton type key that would fit all the different types?

Evanshalshaw repleied to me saying to book the car in adn "see what we can do". I reckon that will just be a them doing what i would do charging a fair amount.

Ideas welcome.

Paddy

most places would use a removal key that is smashed onto the locking key, then bites and allows it to be removed.....cant use them after that again though!

BMW F21 125d
buy an impact socket from halfrauds, one size smaller than your wheel nut.
Wack it on, undo it, replace nut with A.N.Other, job done.

Just be careful not to damage your wheel in the process of "wacking".

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I had this problem with my old C2 GT, when the car was in for warranty work they managed to tighten it right on so when i tried to tae them back off the f**king end snapped off the locking nut.

I managed to prove them to blame and it cost them a fortune to get it off apparently, pricks

If i was able to get them off. Is it safe enough to go about with just the 3 nuts on each wheel until i get replacement ones?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
^In theory it should be but id highly recommend you dont.

If you really had to take it quite easy (i.e no tripoding round roudnabouts lol)

Right.

To put this "impact socket" on top and hit it etc... do i need to remove the outer lip that covers the nut?

Would a chissle/knocking seven shades do the job?