ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault East Bilney

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Thanks for the heads up, any idea what their work is like? I'm anal about my car and hear horror stories with garages and f4r cambelts [emoji85]

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I'll let you know after Tuesday, heard good things though. Plus the guy who is doing the work on mine used to own my car, so extra care will be taken :)

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I know, I even called them to make sure the 182 was included in this. Can't wait for my car to not sound like a tractor (dephaser pully is rattling at the mo)

Clio with a body kit
Iv been recommended if I need anything to speak to East bilney from an auto electrician and I'm an hour away.
My cambelt is due soon lol.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I will let people know how it goes, customer service has been great so far

Integrale1

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
I contacted these today to price up the same job on my 172. They emailed me back with a price of £685, not sure what's going on with that price.

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I can tell you that right now, my car is currently in the garage as we speak as it NEEDS to be done.

They misquoted me and won't admit it (I got the quote over the phone asking for the dephaser pully to be included, which is defiantly was, and it suddenly disappeared in the time from Saturday to today). Needless to say I'm not impressed about that, apparently I never said anything about the dephaser, but seeing as it is the reason I am doing my cambelt in the first place, I know I asked about it.

What I said about customer service can be ignored as well as the manager (who gave me the quote) said I was lying, never mentioned the dephaser and that was that.

I'll let you know how the work was when I get my car back.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I had the following reply:

To have the Cambelt and pulleys replaced £300
Dephaser and an Aux belt Kit replaced +£359
To replace the water pump +£160

Total price is £819.00 this price includes all parts and labour vat and all Oil, filters and coolant etc.

@markerboy2002 If they have not started work in your car I'd tell them not to do anything unless they're doing the dephaser too. If they have already started then make sure they have done the aux belt kit too!

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
All the belts are getting done, I did not however know about the oil change and filter that went with the dephaser kit, another cost that was left of the quote.... It's already halfway through the repair

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I've just called and things keep getting added onto the "parts to do list" that don't need doing

Avoid, unless you have something in writing about a quote.
Wish I had gone local instead of this place. I get my car back tomorrow as they forgot to order in the dephaser belt...

Clio with a body kit
Unfortunately the 'if its sounds too good to be true' quote applies to this. £380 would be silly cheap for all that work.

Exactly this. If something sounds too good to be true it usually is. Looks like they mucked up the price and and are trying to recover costs every way possible.

SQ5
All the belts are getting done, I did not however know about the oil change and filter that went with the dephaser kit, another cost that was left of the quote.... It's already halfway through the repair

You didn't think a major service would need an oil change?

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
I'd already got a full service booked on Saturday so I was leaving it off til then, of course I would get it done but I originally asked them not to include it due to this

markerboy2002

ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
Please leave this place alone, I've had nothing but problems these last few days, and to top it all off I've now got a misfire caused by them which they wanted to charge me to fix.
I am going to any other garage as I am refusing to let them Do any more to it.