ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault factory not taking orders for new Clio 200's

Clio 200 Cup
I have just placed an order for a new 200 Cup and the dealer has informed me that the factory is not currently taking new orders. This is because they have an issue with new emmissions regulations or something and they are trying to sort it out. Very vague.

Does anybody know more about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Renault factory not taking ordered for new Clio 200's

I know the factory does close in the summer for a holiday. But I think that's that July/August, not August/Sept.

As for the emissions thing, that could be dealer lies. Not something I've heard mentioned on here yet..

Nissan 350z

When i ordered on June 15th, i was told the factory wasnt taking anymore orders that month due to the UK having already filled its available slots. Richard1 off here had to wait and place my order in the July slots. Perhaps this is what they were refering to?

Clio 200 Cup

The dealer specifically mentioned a problem with conforming to new eruo emissions regs, I will check with renault UK

Something Not French

The dealer specifically mentioned a problem with conforming to new eruo emissions regs, I will check with renault UK

Renault are changing the engine from Euro 4 to Euro 5 emissions compliant. When I ordered mine (mid july), I was told of this and that there might be delays during changeover, due to changing product codes, new engine supply etc.

I was lucky enough to modify an existing order from group to avoid this delay.

Before anyone asks, the emissions will only be lowered by 5g/km of CO2, therefore not lowering the VED (road tax) band, so it costs the same to tax. Also the engine will be same power output, same fuel efficiency etc.

Hardly seems worth it in my opinion. Hope this helps.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

very interesting to execute the change at the mid to latter stages of the '200s' lifespan, will inevitably affect the residuals of the Euro 4 engined cars

RS200 on order

I ordered my new 200 on 28th August and was initially told there could be a 20 week delay. They did mention that the delay in part was due to Renault updating the engine to meet the new emissions requirements.

However, i have since heard that my car should be ready to collect in early November. This could mean i was just lucky, or it could mean my car won't have the new engine which meets the new emission requirements, I'm not sure.

182 Trophy

I also ordered a 200 cup in mid july and have been informed mine is awaiting shipment and more than likely a September date for delivery.....

maybe just luck of the draw whos gets delayed and whos doesn't

Meg 250/E36 Touring

Factory orders can be placed from today - due to euro 5 emission change over (all new cars have to comply from 1st Jan 2011)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Yes definately re-opened today:)

Have placed orders today and all are expected to be delivered week 48 (week commencing 29th Nov) at this time.