ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Gearbox Contribution

197 F1 R27 Black
Bought myself a 57 plate 197 R27 a week ago and it's started the 3rd gear crunch. This is obviously pretty worrying but I paid a decent price so a gearbox rebuild should take it up to about average price. Been quoted £600 and £650 for the repair on the syncro. Would be great to get RUK on the scene and get a contribution towards a brand new box but I feel it's unlikely at 65k miles. Any advice on getting it done or on what price I should be paying? The Renault contribution route seems best as it would be a brand new box with a warranty and Id have a courtesy car to drive in the time being. Definitely not willing to spend £3k on a new box with fitting though. Cheers

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
For a rebuild and fitted, you're looking at roughly 1.2K. Rule everything out first before you jump to assuming it's the box/Synchro tho.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I feel you have more chance my next door neighbour contributing than ruk, I may be wrong though