ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault insurance quote

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Hi people just though you may be interested I had a quote come through the post from Renault Insurance this will be my first year not on Renault free insurance on my 1 year old 1.2 16v extreme. I have been insured & driving since 18.

12 months cover £1,367.10 :eek:

im 24
car Garaged
2 years NCD
1 non-fault claim
clean license

needless to say I jumped onto tesco/elephant etc and had two quotes for £592 and £631 for 12 months f/comp. I will be phoning Renault though to see if they will offer something more competitive....

Adrian flux sent me a insurance renewal for my 172 for £1400, told them tesco would do me it for £890 and i got a email bk 2day saying they would beat it for £860 but with a silly excess :mad: grrrr riping off yarns!

Im 21, I have 3 years NCD, Garaged, Clean licence, 1 non-fault claim

That cant be right!!!

I was in the same situation as yourself about 3 months ago when my free insurance expired on my clio extreme (before i sold it for a 172 :)), Renault sent me through what it would be for the year...about £900 12 months cover.

Im 20, 1 yr NCB, clean licence..etc etc.

The price youve been quoted is scandilous!!! Gee Wizz :cry:

Its funny cos i have been in a very similar situation.

I had an accident during the free insurance policy (not my fault, a french woman rang straight into me :mad:). So i obviously made a claim but it hasnt affected my quote for the next year.

FAO: cDc, are you male? Maybe that has affected it.

Who knows eh? Everyones out to make a quick buck these days :(

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Hi all just thought i would update you as I just took out a policy...

the best Renault would do over my original quote was 730 quid with 250 pounds excess

the absolute best quote I found and have just paid for was with Churchill at 530 pounds for the year with 150 pounds excess

other very good quotes were tesco, elephant and morethan at around £550.

man these are all bargins - where am i going wrong - where do you boys live to get it so cheap..?

best quote has been 1240 quid from eagle star my current insurers

28 years old, max no claims, 1 accident, one SP30 and a central watford postcode.. oh yeah so thats it

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

All those quotes are cheap as chips you wanna try living in Northen Ireland.

My free insurance is up on the 27th of July, and ive aquired 3pts for speeding. If i forget to tell my insurance company is there any way they can find out about it??

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

im in west london near heathrow in a fairly high risk area - if i try to insure anything with more power than a flymo its considerably more however ;)

172, Tiguan

my insurance through Renault is well cheap

one year old clio dci dynamique, came off free ins, have 5yrs ncb, car on drive, 12,000 miles a year (hahahaha) £380 am 22yrs old, live in S/East

Cup due in Sept, renault have quoted £350 extra to extend the policy until next May. Tesco were also pretty good when i was shopping around.

Quote: Originally posted by cDc on 12 June 2003

im in west london near heathrow in a fairly high risk area - if i try to insure anything with more power than a flymo its considerably more however ;)
I too live in West London and its doubled my insurance for my 172. Did try a quote today for a brand spanking new Clio V6 and it was £850 but I cant justify the cost of a V6 really.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

One tip, NEVER accept the renewal charge on the letter..

always phone around get your cheapest quote and if your happy with your current insurer phone em back up and get em to try and match/beat it.