ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Laguna BTCC Super Touring Track Car Project

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
So after a while away from renaults building an E46 M3 Track car and a EP3 track car after selling my phase 1 track car I have just tonight purchased this.

FB_IMG_1614199527724.jpg

Some of you may have seen it pop up for sale on the Facebook pages, when I saw it i couldn't resist. The previous owner has put some serious work into the car already fitting AST 5100s, PMS adjustable camber/ caster weld in spherical top mounts which required some decent fab work and a set of 18" ATS streetrallye wheels now powdercoated in gold.

FB_IMG_1614199530331.jpg

FB_IMG_1614199591191.jpg

FB_IMG_1614199519423.jpg

I'm sorting a date to pick the car up ASAP then the fun begins. Initial thoughts are a full weld in cage to similar spec as the super tourer would have had, some big megane brembos and engine wise a F4R on bodies.

If anyone has any experience with a F4R swap on one of these some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

We are building this as a bit of a project for my business AM performance cars, if you search us on Facebook you will be able to see further updates. I will also be updating this thread as we go :)

Over all I hope before long this will be screaming round a racetrack with a full period livery 🤞

FB_IMG_1614199568082.jpg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
No hanging about! cant wait to see this taken further now. F4r on itbs would make all the right noises in this thing 👍🏻 looking forward to the updates

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
I've always had a soft spot for these and seeing the work that had already gone into it made the decision to buy much easier. As mentioned about the suspension work and wheels would have cost around what the whole car did!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Cool to see this in here, Scott done a few nice bits on it sorting the suspension out!

Suspension is worth as much as the car [emoji23]

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Aye I've got 3 cars as it is so a 4th would make my mrs blow her top😂 You still got the twingo or got rid of it?
And won't be blowing you 😅 Twingo went 3 months ago...... Gutless thing, I genuinely don't have a clue what to buy.... Or whether I will, for now whatever I was paying out on the Meg just goes into savings, or my gravel and road bikes.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
And won't be blowing you 😅 Twingo went 3 months ago...... Gutless thing, I genuinely don't have a clue what to buy.... Or whether I will, for now whatever I was paying out on the Meg just goes into savings, or my gravel and road bikes.
Nah im sure if I bought another she wouldn't touch my groin area for at least a year😂 Let me know if you want a reasonably low miled 182 in a s**t colour👀😂😂

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
So tomorrow the laguna is being collected and delivered up to me. The car is near Bristol and I am in Newcastle so thought it best to send a trailer for it.

Im seriously excited to set eyes on it and I'm currently trying to find somewhere to send it ideally local to the north east of England to get a cage sorted.

oh and ive just purchased these seats, I will only be using one so the other will be up for sale.

118450804_602135413789429_7054459951713124285_n.jpg
119072295_682984618979550_5838448215423783528_n.jpg
119194911_971096640047986_6786559069664752535_n.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
That 100% needs a passenger seat. They’re lovely looking! Didn’t sell these with like a sort of BTCC kit with a bigger lip on the front etc