ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Major Service

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Hi

For one reason or another , mainly conveinience , my car is going in to Renault for a cambelt change shortly .

I have held back on the major service, that is recommended at the same time , and wil get this done at a local garage .

My question , what do Renault class as a major service ? Ive been quoted £350 but what do they do different to a standard service ? and is there anything involved in a major service that should really be done by a competent Renault bod ?

OR .. will a service at my local non-renault garage standard service suffice .

Thanks

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
cambelt, tensioners, accesories belt, coolant pump and other minor bits...it is ridicolously expensive but at least you can have some peace of mind that they have the right tools to do it...I hope the "tools" that work on your car know how to use said tools...lol

Theres a load of stuff in the guides section relating to what is done on each service.

Need to be a member before you can view it though.

2001 X Reg 172 PH1
Became a member :) , all good stuff.

Ie read the member section guides but with regard the servicing , are Renault services still classed as A B and C , or have they changed , and does anyone know rough cost of these ?

Cheers

learning in corsa 1.3tb
in the major service the cambelt is changed and all fluids are changed. Personaly i would take it to a dealer as they have special tools that are used for taking the cambelt on and off to stop your engine being ruined. I knwo it costs more than another garage but i would deffo go for it