ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault monkeys and my cd player!

Titanium 182
I posted a week or so ago about my cd player stopping working, anyways been to the dealers today so they could have a look at it.

When i got there i was told they would just need to confirm it wasnt working and then they would order me a replacement if they couldnt get it to work, after an hour of waiting i got the keys back and was told it wouldnt work so they were ordering me a replacement, but it was on back order so they have no idea how long it will be, this didnt bother me to much as the radio in the car was still working.

on getting back to the car i find the cd player wont even turn on so i cant use the Radio and there is now dug in screw driver marks on the dash eitherside of the player. so i went back in to be told that the whole unit went "caput" when they removed it thats why the radio will not work, and that it was awkward to remove thats why there is marks on the dash.

so all in all im not very happy at all and wouldnt trust them to work on my car again!

Any ideas how long something could take upto on back order?, as i now cant listen to anything when driving which gets a bit boring!

Titanium 182
cant exactly get them to replace the dash board, i cant see why they will have needed them either, the circular holes on the cd player where you insert the correct keys to remove the player are a right mess aswell, im glad the unit is getting replaced.

i just dont trust them to look after my car at all they clearly just ripped it out.

i cant understand why my radio wont work now, i bet they just couldnt be arsed plugging it back in as they are replacing it at some point.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
dealer are pants!! havent met a good one yet!!! they lie they cheat they steal!! and forget that were the customers!! sorry to hear mate!! i would have been crying or causing major fuss!! depends on my mood! thats not acceptable for them to damage it!!! :(

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
get them to replace the damaged parts!
they will replace it for sure if its their damage, so get moaning like fook!

Make them replace the dash!! There is no need to damage the dash taking out the stereo. You just put the keys into the holes and it pulls straight out.

If us normal folk can take them out without damaging the dash they should be able to.

Titanium 182
i dont know what to do really, at this moment in time i dont want them to replace anything or touch the car again!

i just hope its not to long before they get the new unit even though they have no idea how long it will take due to a back order on it.

when i do go back in il see what they have to say about it, i just cant belive that they have removed it and are now saying the whole unit is totally knackered so i cant even listen to the radio, that will wind me up if it takes them ages to get a new one.

just been out in the car then and its rubbish without anything to listen too!