ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault MOTérs

ITB BG 182
Well got a thing the other week from Renault saying they would check my car for like a free mot. I know my car has pàssed already but thourght i would check to see what they have said.
Well with me being on holiday i left it in the hands of only one person i would trust not to ragg it, my sister.
I just found out that renault have failed it as i have no rear seat belts in, i have no rear seats, there are no rear safty devices, an that all the lightness on the rear end is likly to make the car twist out and have an accident, with this they have said the rear wheels need adjusting and i have the wrong suspension on it.
Total bill to correct all this to pass their MOT is..... one thousand and eight hundred pounds.
I have shown them the passed certificate and they said its an illegal one... tossers..

www.renparts.co.uk
if the rear seats are present then belts must be fitted, otherwise as far as i understand its perfectly legal/safe. The bit about it been dangerous is utter utter pap.

Disco 3 &4 1993 mini
if the rear seats are present then belts must be fitted, otherwise as far as i understand its perfectly legal/safe. The bit about it been dangerous is utter utter pap.

as the man said if there are seats there they must have seat belts if there are not seats or seat belts they can't be tested. which means its a pass.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Yep same as above and also the suspension you can only fair iirc if the springs fall out when raised and if the wheels are touching bodywork.