ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault/nissan

Ph1 172

drove the new nissan micra today and nissan/renault connections are clearly starting to show. the rear wipers, side repeaters and wing mirror units are all completly the same.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the new micra deisal uses the renault 1.5DCI engine. the new micra has the same chassis/running gear as the clio 2 phase 2/3. the renault master has a nissan engine in it in some versions. the NDO gearbox used in some renault models is a nissan gearbox. they all share various switches etc.

The 3.5L Vel Satis V6 is a Nissan engine too.

The Nissan Primera 2.2 VDI engine is a DCI 2.2 and so on.

The NDO is only fitted in the Megane RS at the moment.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 12 June 2004

yes the deisal v6 is a nissan engine.

ndo gearbox is also fitted in something else in renault other then the magane rs.

renault have a 2.2dci (g9t/gdu etc) and nissan have a 2.2dci and both are completly different. the nissan dci is only used in some of the very latest master van versions. dont think the renault 2.2 dci is used in any nissan models.

Skoda Fabia vRS

the mirror glass for the wing mirrors on the new nissan micra is also the same as most Megane and Clio Mk1 phase 2&3

well the aftermarket replacement one is anywayz

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 12 June 2004

ndo gearbox is also fitted in something else in renault other then the magane rs.
The V6 diesel is an Isuzu one also used in the Saab 95 and the big Isuzu 4x4 (abeithly tunned and built slightly differently)

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 12 June 2004

Could a Nissan dealer carry out Renault warranty work? (weird question I know)
There the same round here Renault and Nissan.

I dont think Nissan can do Renault work or vice versa. There seperate companies but Renault has a massive share (not sure how much) in Nissan.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

we have a combined dealership with renault and nissan using the same building. they share workshops but have separate showrooms and used car pitches. nissan mechanics do a lot of renaults work as the nissan side isnt that busy.

Nissan own a major share of Renault!............Under a whole host of International Laws Nissan has to remain a seperate entity......If anyones in any doubt go to Nissan in Canfield and ask!.

I was shocked but it comes from a top source whilst i was at Cranfield Post Grad Uni. Shame as the new Nissan sports car is superb!........currently being tested on the test track near Cranfield. Although you wont have a hope in hell of getting anywhere near the track. Its also sunk below the skyline so you wont see it

Just had a look they might not be able to have them all under one entity but Renault own 36.8% share + voting rights in Nissan they are loads of other bits and deals they have as well.

Quote: Originally posted by deuginthesky on 12 June 2004The 3.5L Vel Satis V6 is a Nissan engine too.

The NDO is only fitted in the Megane RS at the moment.[/QUOTE]yes the deisal v6 is a nissan engine.ndo gearbox is also fitted in something else in renault other then the magane rs.renault have a 2.2dci (g9t/gdu etc) and nissan have a 2.2dci and both are completly different. the nissan dci is only used in some of the very latest master van versions. dont think the renault 2.2 dci is used in any nissan models.

The 3.0L V6 diesel engine is an Isuzu, which ECU is ramapped by Renault.

The NDO is at the moment only fitted in the Megane RS, 1st Renault car to introduce it. :)

Think youre right for the VDI.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

renault have a 2.2dci (g9t/gdu etc) and nissan have a 2.2dci and both are completly different. the nissan dci is only used in some of the very latest master van versions. dont think the renault 2.2 dci is used in any nissan models.

The NDO is at the moment only fitted in the Megane RS, 1st Renault car to introduce it. :)

i have seen ndo on an icm and it wasnt for the rs. maybe it was the laguna or velsatis petrol turbo models. i will have a look monday.

Thats what i thought, renault is a nationally owned business, thats why they get such revenue support via the french government. Last i read, RENAULT OWNED 30 ODD % of Nissan. Obviously things change so dont quote me on this.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by JAY172 on 13 June 2004

i have seen ndo on an icm and it wasnt for the rs. maybe it was the laguna or velsatis petrol turbo models. i will have a look monday.
had a look. new scenic uses the ndo box as well.