ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Radios !

Megane Mk4
so you can add the cd multichanger I think ?
sure someone will give you the right answer.

Welcome to CS by the way :D

Andi

106 GTi
It is there to allow the input of another device, with the right connectors you could use that for a mini disc player or such like.

Da

Less
Yep as above, you can plug in another audio device so it plays through your car's stereo.

106 GTi
You can get a Dension link for the ipod that plugs into the stereo and gives full control over the ipod from the factory headunit.

1998 BMW e46 323i
is it 3.5mm or phono to phono?

Could you just wire the ipod to it and control the ipod independently of the HU?

Which moodels is this in?

Will it be in my 2001 full fat 172?

02 Clio 172Mk2
Connects2 forms part of the kit you get from Denison. This has no charging ability, and navigation comes from the iPod (which is illegal whilst driving apparently) - just plays through a 3.5 to RCA cable, through the Connects2 box to the changer port on the tunerlist stereo. Personally, I'd go for the Denison set, because that comes with all the kit and kabodle connections for iPods to be controlled via the HU/steering controls. Just fitted one to the girlfriends clio and she's well chuffed with it! Oh, and stay away from FM tuners, they are really pants! Just my 2p worth.....

1998 BMW e46 323i
sorry Genius, in layman's terms can I connect my ipod with a wire from Maplins to the back of my stereo and just plug and play?

1998 BMW e46 323i
i was thinking of more like a £2 wire and actually controlling the ipod directly; is this possible?

RenaultSport clio 182 cup
i've got my i pod running through an alpine head unit at the mo in my BMW, does anyone know if that connector would fit a renault CD player? as if i've already got it there's no need to buy another one, as i want tto keep the dash looking standard!

02 Clio 172Mk2
john.med said:
sorry Genius, in layman's terms can I connect my ipod with a wire from Maplins to the back of my stereo and just plug and play?
Hi John. I've been told (and it's my experience) - that you need at least a connects2 box to play iPods through a tunerlist stereo via the cd-changer port. It would be useful for there to be a 3.5mm jack on the back of the stereo, but there isn't one AFAIK, so - the answer *I think* to your question is no. Cheers.